g The Film Panel Notetaker: What came first? The panel notetaker or the panel supervisor? (original post 6/26/06)

Friday, September 22, 2006

What came first? The panel notetaker or the panel supervisor? (original post 6/26/06)

As you're well aware, I'm The Film Panel Notetaker, which means I take notes at film panel discussions and post them on my blog. How long have I been doing this? Since last December.
What you may be unaware of is that I'm also a volunteer panel supervisor for the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. What that means is that I supervise a blue-ribbon panel of TV Academy judges who vote for nominated TV programs to win Emmy awards. How long have I been doing this? Since 2002.

But what really did come first? By looking at the dates above, it would appear that panel supervising trumps panel notetaking, but is that really the case?

In actuality, I've been film panel notetaking and all sort of panel notetaking, for that matter, well before I ever stepped into a room to play tapes for TV judges.

What does one have to do with the other? Absolutely nothing. It just sparked my own curiosity, and perhaps its mildly entertaining to y'all :)

###

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home