g The Film Panel Notetaker: Tribeca Film Festival - April 28, 2007 Recap

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tribeca Film Festival - April 28, 2007 Recap

From Midtown to SoHo to Tribeca, I was all around Manhattan today. My first stop was at the IFP Industry Connect panel discussion Producing 101 at the Helen Mills Theater on West 26th Street that was also a benefit for The Adrienne Shelly Foundation. There, I sat next to producer/actress Judee Wales. (I will post my notes from the Producing 101 panel soon). I then headed over to the Apple Store in SoHo on Prince Street for a talk with actress/director Julie Delpy that was presented by Indiewire (I will also post those notes soon). I finally made it to "Tribeca" in the evening for the Tribeca All Access Awards Party at New York Academy of Art on Franklin Street where I met up with several of the same Tribeca All Access filmmakers I met yesterday at the Documentary Meet & Greet including Edwin Pagan and Bienvenida Matias of "Bronx Burning" and Tze Chun of "Artificial Dissemination." I also made some new press friends there including Dr. Sue and Yuri Shevchuk, PhD, the director of the Ukranian Film Club at Columbia University. I ran into Fast Forward Founder & President Paola Freccero. And I met Jeff Hirschorn, a director of photography and his friend Diana Holtzberg, VP - USA Operations - Sales, Acquisitions and Project Development, Films Transit International, who told me her company is representing "The Sugar Curtain" at Tribeca, and also that she just came back from Toronto where she was repping several documentaries at HotDocs such as "Manufacturing Dissent." Also in attendance were Tribeca All Access Creative Promise Award Narrative jurors and stars of the silver screen Freddy Rodríguez and Kerry Washington (see pics below).



Actor Freddy Rodríguez at Tribeca All Access Awards Party ("Grindhouse/Planet Terror," "Six Feet Under")

TFPN Research Associate Sarah Stanfield with fellow George Washington University alumnus and actress Kerry Washington ("Ray," "The Last King of Scotland")

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home