g The Film Panel Notetaker: "Cocaine Angel" opens at Pioneer Theater in NYC on Wednesday

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"Cocaine Angel" opens at Pioneer Theater in NYC on Wednesday

Below is an email Danielle DiGiacomo of Indiepix sent me today about the theatrical opening of Michael Tully's "Cocaine Angel," which I saw at the Brooklyn Independent Cinema Series last fall. If you live in New York or will be in New York, please stop by the Pioneer Theater to see this film:

Hi all,

The excellent film COCAINE ANGEL, which comes to Indiepix.net as a DVD and download in a month's time, will start its theatrical run at TWO BOOTS tomorrow (Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007).

Indiepix.net is proud to be associated with this fine, award-winning film, and I URGE you all to take the time to come see it on the big screen!

As I am not armed with half the wit and charm of director Michael Tully, I forward on his email to friends. And after you read this, check out the excellent write-up on COCAINE ANGEL on THE REELER:
http://www.thereeler.com/features/tarnished_angel.php


COCAINE ANGEL, will be getting an actual-factual theatrical release beginning tomorrow night (Wednesday February 21st) at the Two Boots Pioneer Theater. It's playing at 9pm every night through Tuesday February 27th.Actually, I have to confess, I'm not just writing to let you know that COCAINE ANGEL is opening tomorrow night. I'm writing to ask you to come out and see it. It would mean a lot to me and Damian, as well as everyone else who helped us out along the way.Actually, I have another confession to make. I'm not just writing you to ask you to come out and see COCAINE ANGEL. I'm BEGGING you to come out and see it. On this level, word-of-mouth is the only way tickets get sold. I wouldn't be doing this if it weren't so important. But it is. And so here I am.If you're a blogger, or websiter, or have a personal connection to any news/media outlets in New York City, please contact whoever that person might be and try to get him or her to mention the CA run. Or send an email around the office. Or sit on the lap of a stranger on the train and tell them you won't get up until they promise to go see it. There are lots of ways to spread the word. Go on. Get creative.If you do brave the elements and attend a screening, do your best to bring a friend or two (or, better yet, ten or twelve). I'm doing a post-film Q&A on Wednesday night, and hope to be there other nights, but for now, only Wednesday is definite. My plan is to head to 2A after Wednesday's show for some drinking and chatting.For those of you who have already seen the film, that's no excuse, because I can assure you that you've never seen this version. Sayonara, Elton John. Hola, Ola Podrida! It's hard to be objective about these things, but I genuinely feel that the new soundtrack is better than the temp one. It's at least closer to my own heart.For those of you who don't live anywhere near New York City and wonder why I included you on this pathetic, desperate email, perhaps you know someone who likes watching movies and might like watching this one.I'm proud of what we accomplished with COCAINE ANGEL. This weeklong run at The Pioneer is very important to us. We hope to see you there.

Thank you veryveryveryveryverrrrryverrrryyyyyyyvvvveerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy much.
Mike

http://twoboots.com/pioneer/cocaineangel.htmwww.cocaineangelmovies.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home